Your message is too short
Your message is spammy
» »

Fires Burns Female Hostel At Cross River State College Of Education (Photos)

A student has been hospitalized following a fire outbreak at the Cross River State College of Education, COE Akamkpa female hostel today, May 27.
According to CrossRiverWatch, the fire started at about 11am in the change-over switch at the hostel entrance and caused extensive damage to the building and property of the residents with no immediate help or means of putting off the inferno.
"The fire extinguishers at the hostel were empty at the time of the fire incident. It was after this event that the College Management bought new ones just today" CRW reports.
The Deputy Provost, Dean of Students Affairs, Hostel Supervisors and some lecturers rushed to the scene of the incident after the fire outbreak. Fortunately, most of the students had gone for lectures or there would have been serious fatalities.
One of the female students who was sleeping in the hostel while the fire was raging fainted as a result of smoke and was rushed her to the hospital.
The Hostel Porter while speaking to CrossRiverWatch said,
"The incidents is as a result of electricity upsurge. Yesterday the engineer tried to pump the uncharged water tap, but could not pump water, so he left without informing the management that there is electricity fault, so the next morning when the generator was powered, it resulted to this incident that has now inconvenienced all the dwellers in the female hostel B’"
More photos...


Related Article

Posted By cheatmaster On 06:52 Fri, 27 May 2016

Comments:0 || Views:



Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article