Your message is too short
Your message is spammy
» »

A Nairalander Represents Nigeria At Top 25 Global Finalist For NASA Space App (Pic)

My name is Ekpang Michael Etta, a graduate of the department of forestry and wildlife University of Calabar Calabar, currently undergoing my NYSC. I was the lead programmer at the just concluded Nasa Space App Challenge 2016. I and my team (Team Amazing from Enugu) created an app called vergee to help stop the Fulani herdsmen problem in Nigeria while also providing Norman farmers with resources as they arrive in an unknown location.

We are so excited to say that our app just took one step closer as the Top 25 global finalists were announced this week for the NASA Space Apps Challenge. VERGEE was named as a Top 5 Finalist in the “Most Inspirational” project category, and is proud to be representing Nigeria in the international competition.

With over 1200 projects this year created by over 15,000 participants, our project rose to the top — a testament to the innovative capacity of Nigerians

On the weekend of April 22–24, 2016, developers, makers, engineers, and entrepreneurs took on NASA-designed challenges, creating a diverse range of solutions. Over 15,000 people world-wide took part in the 2016 NASA Space Apps Challenge, with 1,287 projects produced.

Vergee is a mobile and web base platform that makes the lives of nomad farmers easier by providing them access to information(water point, obstacle, police station, safest route, weather forecast, veterinary doctors etc.) when they arrive in a new location.

We made used of

GoogleMaps Api APi

Smslive APi

Please join in our excitement and support #vergee as we proudly represent Nigeria in the final phase of the NASA Space Apps Challenge.

Related Article

Posted By cheatmaster On 05:38 Thu, 26 May 2016

Comments:0 || Views:

Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article