Your message is too short
Your message is spammy
» »

My players are in the red zone - Van Gaal.

The Red Devils face Middlesbrough in the League Cup on Wednesday, but the Dutchman has revealed several of his first-team stars are struggling with fatigue.

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal says he will have to rotate his squad for Wednesday's League Cup clash with Middlesbrough because several of his players are in “the red zone”.

United head into the fourth round tie with Luke Shaw, Paddy McNair and Antonio Valencia all ruled out through injury, and Van Gaal has now hinted that a number of first-team stars may be rested against Aitor Karanka’s men.

“I have a lot of players in the red zone because we have had a lot of matches and we have a lot of matches to play,” he told reporters.

“I have to see if I can use them or not. We need all the days to recover at this moment.”

Youngsters Andreas Pereira and James Wilson have both been named in the squad to face Boro, who are currently fourth in the Championship, but Van Gaal says he has yet to make a decision over who will start the game.

"They are in the selection, but I have to select the lineup and that I don’t know,” Van Gaal said.

Arsenal were defeated by Championship opposition on Tuesday, as Sheffield Wednesday ran out 3-0 winners at Hillsborough, and Van Gaal is wary of the threat Boro pose.

“I think Middlesbrough is a good playing side. They want to play football, that is also a benefit for us, I think,” he added.

“You can also see teams with another play style and that is more difficult for us, but we can play football against them but it is also dependable of the strategy of their team.”

Related Article

Posted By Quadrihatic On 11:30 Wed, 28 Oct 2015

Comments:0 || Views:

Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article