Your message is too short
Your message is spammy
» »

I will not resign - AcMilan Coach Mihajlovic

The Rossoneri were routed 4-0 by Napoli at San Siro but the Serbian coach says he has no intention of quitting his post.

Sinisa Mihajlovic insisted he will not walk away from AC Milan after the Serie A strugglers suffered their heaviest ever home defeat by Napolion Sunday.

Italy international Lorenzo Insigne bagged a second-half brace as Maurizio Sarri's side routed the Rossoneri4-0 at San Siro.

Insigne's double was sandwiched in between Allan's 13th-minute well-taken opener and Rodrigo Ely's own goal with 13 minutes to go.
Milan have now lost four of their opening seven Serie A fixtures - including two in a row - under new coach Mihajlovic, but the Serbian boss has no plans to vacate his position.

"I will no doubt receive a phone call tomorrow from the president [Silvio] Berlusconi and I will explain what happened," the former Sampdoria boss stated.

"The club as always will take their decisions, but I won't resign. I am convinced however to be able to find a solution to the problems.

"I have done it at other clubs and I can do it here. I need time, even if it is something I cannot ask for."

As for the match itself, Mihajlovic bemoaned Milan's fragile mentality, which has left the club languishing in 11th position - nine points adrift of leaders Fiorentina.

"I know it's bad to say this, but tonight we lost to the better side," Mihajlovic told the Milan Channel. "Their forwards made the difference.

"We cannot afford however to make the kind of individual errors that we made against an attack of that calibre.

"The match was put to bed after their second goal and we were unable to react. We're weak mentally and there have been too many highs and lows.

"Perhaps we need [Sigmund] Freud… since I've arrived I have been trying to work on the players' mentality. I have been speaking to them individually and as a group, trying to analyse everything. Clearly it is not that easy.

"I expected to resolve things earlier, but evidently we have to keep on working.

That is the only option we have. We do work hard and well, but it’s still not enough."

Related Article

Posted By Quadrihatic On 09:55 Mon, 05 Oct 2015

Comments:0 || Views:

Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article