Your message is too short
Your message is spammy
» »

Summer cull has improved Man United - Van Gaal

The coach has guided his side to the top of the Premier League after allowing Angel di Maria, Robin van Persie and Radamel Falcao to leave the club in the summer Louis van Gaal believes his summer cull is behind Manchester United's rise to the top of the Premier League.
Van Gaal allowed Angel di Maria, Robin van Persie and Radamel Falcao to leave Old Trafford, while Javier Hernandez, Jonny Evans, Nani, Darren Fletcher and Rafael also departed.

United were also made a number of acquisitions, with Anthony Martial, Memphis Depay, Morgan Schneiderlin, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Matteo Darmian all arriving at Old Trafford.

And Van Gaal feels his bold approach in the transfer market is now paying off, with United now top of the table for the first time under his management after beating Sunderland 3-0 on Saturday.

"You need luck, but the balance of the team is better than last season," said the 64-year-old manager.

"Because of that we need to win our games.

"We shall improve every week, yes. I don't see it every week, but see that we are better as a team and a selection.

"I rotate more now because I can. Last year in my opinion I didn't have the balance.

"I have let 20 or 25 players go. So it's a new team."

Related Article

Posted By Quadrihatic On 03:30 Mon, 28 Sep 2015

Comments:0 || Views:

Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article