Your message is too short
Your message is spammy
» »

Official: Tottenham sign Trippier

The former England Under-21s defender passed a medical on Thursday and has now agreed terms with Spurs, with the 24-year-old set to compete with Kyle Walker for a first-team place Tottenhamhave completed the signing of Burnleydefender Kieran Tripper, with the 24-year-old signing a five-year deal with the north Londoners.

Trippier becomes Spurs' second signing of the summer, following on from centre-back Kevin Wimmer, and completed his £3.5 million move after penning terms and passing a medical.

The former England Under-21s international was ever-present for Burnley last season, playing all but four minutes of a campaign that ended in relegation, and is expected to compete with Kyle Walker for a place in the first team.

SIGNED: We are delighted to announce that we have completed the transfer of @trippier2from Burnley.—
Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) June 19, 2015

"When I first heard that the club was interested I didn't have to think twice," Trippier told Spurs' official website. "It's such a big club and now I just can't wait to get started and show everyone what I can do.

"Whenever I get a chance, I want to do well for the other players, the staff and, of course, the fans. I’ll take every opportunity I get with both hands and hopefully play my part for everyone at the club."

Trippier was named Burnley's Player of the Year in 2013-14, recording 14 assists as the Clarets won promotion, and continued that fine form in the Premier League.

In his 38 top-flight appearances last season, he contributed four assists, helped to keep 10 clean sheets and made more successful crosses (92) than any other player in the division.

Related Article

Posted By Bobricky On 05:31 Fri, 19 Jun 2015

Comments:0 || Views:

Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article