Your message is too short
Your message is spammy
» »

Hart: English players top priority for Manchester City this summer

The England shot-stopper believes the Blues will target homegrown talent during the summer transfer window following the departures of James Milner and Frank Lampard

Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart expects the Citizens to target English players during the summer transfer window as manager Manuel Pellegrini looks to rebuild his side in preparation for an assault on the Premier League title next season.

City ended last campaign eight points behind champions Chelsea and have seen English players James Milner, Frank Lampard and Scott Sinclair all leave the club in recent weeks, as well as "homegrown" defender Dedryck Boyata.

With the Eastlands club reportedly seeing a £25 million bid for unsettled Liverpool forward Raheem Sterling rejected by the Reds late on Thursday, Hart nevertheless remains convinced that signing English players will be a top priority for the City hierarchy.

“It is a long summer ahead,” said Hart. “With losing Frank and James – and I’m not in the discussions of transfers – I imagine, given homegrown players and stuff like that, it will be top of their list to bring in English players or to promote some of the lads [from the academy].”

“I am sure we will have a good balanced squad come the start of the season.

“I am very confident in City as a club going places, which is why I committed my future to them. What they are doing is fantastic. He is a great chairman and they have done amazing things since coming."

“On a personal note, I am very sad to see James go as he is a personal friend. I have enjoyed every moment with him but football is football. We have been in the game a long time and it is business, his decision and the club’s decision. I wish him all the best as he is a fantastic player but that is not the end of me and him.

We have our personal relationship off the pitch.”

Hart committed himself to City by signing a new five-and-a-half-year contract at the Etihad Stadium last December.

Related Article

Posted By BOBRICKY On 06:38 Fri, 12 Jun 2015

Comments:0 || Views:

Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article