Your message is too short
Your message is spammy
» »

Babatunde Michael Or Victor Moses: Who Should Stephen Keshi Select To Face Argentina Today??

Stephen Keshi pulled a surprise with his team selection for Nigeria’s 1-0 victory over Bosnia-Herzegovina.

The Big Boss dropped Victor Moses, one of the team’s high-profile players and replaced him with Michael Babatunde.

The FC Volyn Lutsk man hadn’t made much of an impact for the Super Eagles before this summer and was a surprise inclusion in the final squad of 23.

He impressed, however, against Bosnia, delivering an efficient, measured performance and providing the midfield with balance. Next up are Argentina, and
Nigeria have the opportunity to return to the last 16 for the first time since 1998.

Two of authors @Iamendujack and @Akpraise had a serious debate concerning this issue and this is what they had to say about Babatunde Michael retaining his spot in the starting line up or weather Victor Moses should return to the team.

This was their Verdict in yesterday’s epic argument battle:

Babatunde Michael has been a remarkable and impressive young footballer ever since he got a call up to the national team.

It was a tremendous show of faith in the 21-year-old, but he repaid it several times over.

He is so Confident on the ball and drifting intelligently out to the flanks to maintain width when the wingers moved into central
positions, Babatunde exuded calm. He grew into a more direct goal threat in the second half, twice drawing saves from Asmir Begovic.

Dropping Moses was a big statement. But he had been running on auto-pilot, safe with his status as one of Keshi’s ‘undroppables’.

This was to serve as a severe shock to the system required to get him motivated again.

However, consider the stakes here. The Super Eagles are not qualified yet, and travel to Porto Alegre on Wednesday needing a point to guarantee progression.

Surely it is more of a risk restoring Moses – a player who spent virtually the entire league season on the bench?

So my final verdict is to start Babatunde Michael and Drop Victor Moses on the bench….

I congratulate Babatunde Michael for delivering and showcasing a spectacular performance against Bosnia and Herzegovina but there is a very huge difference between starring against Bosnia and then doing the same against the south american football nation Argentina.

Its so certain Victor Moses had a terrible game against Iran as the entire team Nigeria had did. Despite this, Victor Moses importance to this team can’t be ignored at all.

Victor Moses was certainly the man who single handedly gave the Super Eagles the African Nations Cup in 2013 and took them through the rigours of world cup qualification.

Moses takes delight in driving at defenders and almost always carries the attacking
threat for the Eagles. So why would you leave such a player on the bench? A player who, unlike few others, has the experience of playing on the biggest stage against the best opponents.

In conclusion,

In every area of the game, dazzling Victor Moses is better than Babatunde Michael.

Nigerians, Should Moses or Babatunde start against Argentina today??

As for me, I won’t engage myself in any argument concerning who to start or who should be dropped in the starting line up.

I wish Nigeria all the best in today’s epic battle…..#FlyEaglesSoarHigh

Related Article

Posted By kellychi On 12:16 Wed, 25 Jun 2014

Comments:0 || Views:

Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article