Your message is too short
Your message is spammy
» »

Kaduna College Students Run Riot, Unleashed Terror On Their Host Community

Students of the Technical College, Malali in Kaduna State on Tuesday went on rampage and unleashed terror on their host community, matcheting residents, it was gathered. gathered that trouble started on Monday evening when students numbering about 30 from the school jumped over the fence onto the popular Jaji road and started harassing passers-by, demanding for their handsets and other valuables.

Narrating his ordeal, Ibrahim Salihu, who is the son of Chief of Igala in Malali, said he was returning home from his friend’s house when four students from the school accosted him.

“I asked them what they wanted, but the question did not go down well with one of the hoodlums who raised his matchet and attempted to use it on me but I pushed it away. It was in that process that I sustained a cut on my hand and my back,” he said.

He added that after he escaped from the students, he ran to the Malali Divisional Police Station, where he was allegedly advised to find a way of treating himself.

“I then ran to Malali Hospital, but I was told that I would not be treated unless I provide a with a police report. That forced me to run back to the police station and an officer accompanied me to the hospital. The next morning, the police invited me to their office and brought out four suspects, but I could not identify any of them as my attacker,” he said.

Another victim, who gave her name as Jumai said she was moving from Jaji road to Malali when she was allegedly attacked and stabbed on her back by the students.

Four other victims are said to be receiving treatment at the Garkuwa Hospital, Sultan Road, Kaduna. Vice Principal of the college, Mr. Henry Choms, blamed the development on use of illicit drugs by the students and members of the community.

“Anytime they go out to smoke their hemp, they run into trouble and run to school through the fence, while their partners in crime in the neighbourhood will run after them through the fence and in the process of this tussle, innocent passers-by fall victims. As I am talking to you, about 11 students have been expelled as a result of drug-addiction and the school management is working with the Parents, Teachers Association of the school to find a lasting solution to the problem”, he said.

When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Aminu Lawan, said investigation into the matter has commenced.

Related Article

Posted By kellychi On 12:35 Sat, 07 Jun 2014

Comments:0 || Views:

Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article