Your message is too short
Your message is spammy
» »

Following last night’s draw forthe groupings and matches of the South Africa 2013 Nations Cup finals in which housed Nigeria, title holders Zambia, Ethiopia and Burkina Faso in Group C, and reacting to his group opponents, Super Eagles coach, Steven Keshi has admitted that every team in the group is a threat and as a result must be respected.
Keshi in a chat with Brilafm.netharped on the needto prepare well and concentrate before the finals next year.
“Everybody is a big threat wejust have to arrange and prepare ourselves that is all. Every team is important, any team that qualified here is a good team so we have to prepare ourselves well and be positive as well.
“I respect every team here but we will see what happens when the tournament start,” Keshi said.
Meanwhile, member of the Nigeria Football Federation’s technical Committee, Paul Bassey says he is happy Nigeria avoided Ghana and Cote D’Ivoire. According to him, the draw remains favourable and the Super Eagles should come out tops at the end of the day.
“We have to respect every team I was very pleased that going into the competition we could avoid Ghana and Cote D’Ivoire.
“With Zambia the defending champion, Ethiopia and Burkina Faso in our group I think we should come out of this group,” Bassey told
In a related development, chairman of the Nigeria Football Federation’s technicalCommittee, Chris Green insiststhey are not scared of any of Nigeria’s group C opponents as the Super eagles have what it takes to do well when action begins next year.
“It’s a fair draw we don’t have a choice in this kind of thing even if we had fallen in the group where we have Cote D’Ivoire. It’s okay Zambiais the defending champion we are not scared we respect every team but we will give it our best shot,” Green said.

Related Article

Posted By francis993 On 12:42 Thu, 25 Oct 2012

Comments:0 || Views:

Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article